What does SUNsational Solutions do to be considered a green company?
SUNsational Solutions takes a lot of pride in making economical business decisions while keeping a limited negative impact on the environment. This is a daunting task that takes hours of research and saving. This process starts from our products we carry all the way to limiting our daily consumption.
- Use no VOC paints from Sherwin Williams to paint interior walls
- Uses 100% post consumer recycled paper for all paper products including;
- Business cards
- Toilet paper
- Uses 100% compostable trash bags for all of our wastes in the office and jobsites
- Paper towels used for installation are purchased and manufactured in S.A., Texas
- We recycle all boxes, paper, plastic, metal, glass, and e-waste that we can in our office and material left over from our jobsites.
- Our soaps we use in our office and on job sites are 100% biodegradable.
- All of the cleaning products we use are environmentally friendly and 100% biodegradable.
- We use an online credit card processing to limit paper use for credit card receipts.
- We scan and email invoices, estimates, pictures, etc in lieu of faxing as often as we can.
- Purchase UPS Shipping green initiative program on all shipping products
- Our office has been installed with radiant barrier, additional insulation in the ceilings, Velux skylights to reduce the need for florescent lighting, and glass walls instead of traditional walls to limit the amount of light needed for the building.
- Our office furniture (desks, conference tables, chairs, file cabinets, shelves, etc.) have been purchases lightly used from a local business selling used furniture.
- Most of our products are made in the U.S.A. and whenever possible made locally.
- Our products we carry have some post consumer recycled content:
- Attic Insulation uses 45% post consumer recycled glass
- Window Film uses up to 5% of post consumer recycled polyester
- Our vehicles are purchased used instead of new.
- Our vehicles are regularly maintained to keep them running at maximum efficiency.
- In the spring of 2011 we are planting over 250 native trees to help offset our carbon emissions from our service vehicles.
- We purchase our services for our vehicles, building maintenance, and printing from local businesses.
If you have any suggestions that SUNsational Solutions can do more to help offset our day to day emissions please feel free to contact us. We are always open to new ideas and suggestions to limit our impact in our quest to become a truly 100% net zero emission company.